What Is Done On A Major Service Of Your Car?
Let’s face it, most of us are afraid of having to book our vehicle for a major car service because of the time involved and the money it’s going to cost. So we’re still postponing the inevitable and thinking we ‘re going to make a call next month or the next payday.
The problem with this approach is that we can end up requiring a major car repair service instead of a major car service that will cost us a lot more than the service. The answer is clearly that we need to keep up with our services in order to prevent something that is even more expensive from happening in our car.
So what does the major car service actually involve? Because your car doesn’t look any different after you’ve spent a few hundred dollars on it! Well, there are a lot of things that need to be changed, flushed or inspected when you book a major service.
- Engine oil: Your old, black dirty oil is replaced with new, clean oil, which makes your engine run more efficiently and smoothly.
- Filters: The oil, air, fuel and pollen filters are all replaced, making your car run more effectively.
- Spark plugs: Your spark plugs are replaced to maximise your fuel economy.
- Brakes: Your brakes are inspected, cleaned and adjusted if necessary.
- Flush and change: The transmission, clutch, brake, power steering and coolant fluids are all flushed and replaced, increasing the efficiency of your car.
- Road test: All major car services include a road test, to pick up any problems that can’t be detected easily just by inspecting the engine and which might need to be fixed now or at a later date.
- Safety inspection: A full safety inspection is performed so that you can have complete confidence in your car.
- Battery test: This makes sure that your battery is still charging correctly and that it shouldn’t need replacing any time soon.
- Checks: On top of all this, the gear box, transfer case and diff oil are all checked, as are the wiper blades and all of your bulbs.
Minor service generally includes comprehensive vehicle inspection and diagnostic checks, engine oil and filter replacement, vehicle grease and tyre rotation by a professional manufacturer-trained technician. It may be part of the logbook service, sometimes referred to as a basic service or a general service.
As a rough guideline-it really depends on our vehicle, the manufacturer ‘s requirements, the type of engine and how your vehicle is used-a small service is required every 10,000 km or every year.
Why is Servicing Important?
Regular service can help identify potential problems before they become real ones, which is why it is important to keep your car serviced according to the manufacturer’s manual / logbook. Servicing will ensure that the essential checks are carried out on the critical components of the vehicle and that these vital parts do not let you down when you need them most. Regular service provides peace of mind that the vehicle is in a road-worthy condition.
Failing to service your vehicle every year to save a few dollars is really a false economy. Regular service can help to identify issues early on, which would later become costly and costly to address. It’s also going to help you with the petrol pump. New oil and air filters make the engine run smoother and the car more fuel efficient.
When it comes to selling your vehicle, being able to provide a consistent and regular service history with a reputable service department will dramatically improve your resale value.
Simply put, the regular service of your car will undoubtedly improve the vehicle’s lifespan. Plus, when you’re ready to sell a car with evidence of regular service – or even better a full service history – you ‘re likely to attract more potential buyers and higher sales prices.
By Jon ‘ShakataGaNai’ Davis, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3177569
Are You Looking for an Auto Repair Shop you Can Trust?
If you’re considering making a change to an auto repair mechanic trusted by thousands of happy customers, look no further than autoTECH Blackhawk. Why? We differ from other independent automotive repair stops because we are a relationship shop. This means that the more of your car repair needs we support you with, the better able we are to customize our recommendations based on your driving habits and needs. Whether you want to keep the daily driver in ‘good enough’ condition, style your new car so that it’s customized just for you, maintain your favorite car in ‘like new’ condition, or even train your whole family to be more knowledgeable about cars – we partner with you to ensure that your cars meet your needs. We also offer an industry-leading 3-Year/36,000 mile warranty, so we only use Original Equipment and manufacturer recommended products. Contact us now to book your no-contact, friendly appointment!