We know you depend on your vehicles and we take our responsibilty to keep you safe, informed and on the move very seriously.
From investing in training for our team, to digital inspection technology for our customers, everything we do is in service of our top three priorities: thorough, quality repair; excellent customer experience; and strong collaborative team.
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT THAN A DEALER?
- We are a comprehensive repair shop, servicing all makes and models. From basic maintenance to suspension, to diagnostics, we can repair all of your cars. We have the same equipment you’d find at a dealer, the same tools, the same parts and the same product. Our show-room is slightly less fancy – we invest instead in our excellent staff and top-of-the-line equipment and tools.
- We have highly skilled, career technicians. Kacey is an ASE Certified Master Technician and all of our staff is highly skilled. In the automotive industry, most people get their start in dealerships, so often the mechanic on your car is new in his/her career. At our shop, we are proud to have a team of seasoned career technicians who take great pride in performing thorough, quality repair.
- We know and love our customers! At a dealer, you are likely one of many. Here, we look forward to building a relationship with you and understanding what you need from your vehicles. We tailor our recommendations to meet your needs. We know you depend on your cars and want to be your trusted partner every step of the way.
- We are in your neighborhood. We are a small, family-owned business and are proud to serve the Blackhawk, Danville, San Ramon and Windermere neighborhoods!
How are you different from other independent shops?
We differ from other independent automotive repair stops because we are a relationship shop. This means that the more of your car repair needs we support you with, the better able we are to customize our recommendations based on your driving habits and needs. Whether you want to keep the daily driver in ‘good enough’ condition, style your new car so that it’s customized just for you, maintain your favorite car in ‘like new’ condition, or even train your whole family to be more knowledgeable about cars – we partner with you to ensure that your cars meet your needs. We also offer an industry-leading 3-Year/36,000 mile warranty, so we only use Original Equipment and manufacturer recommended products.
What can I expect when I drop my car off?
You will schedule a specific time in the morning to drop off your car. Around mid-day, you’ll receive a text message with a full vehicle inspection, complete with pictures, recommendations and educational videos to help you better understand the various components of your car. Give us a call when you have a few minutes to discuss – we will highlight anything that needs urgent attention and call out items we should monitor. We will finalize all repairs and have your car ready for pick-up at the end of the day. We do offer early-bird drop off and late-night pick up. Call for more information.
Do you offer a shuttle service?
Due to the 6-ft requirement, we no longer offer shuttle rides and instead offer a concierge service (we pick up and drop off the car at your home or office) and loaner cars.
How are you ensuring my safety during COVID-19?
We have implemented four changes to keep you safe:
- No Contact Drop-Off – When you drop off your car, there will be a clipboard outside of our front door with your name on it. Fill in the required fields, sign and leave your keys on the clipboard. We will be right out to get started! If you have any questions at all, call us at 925-736-3100, or we can meet you outside and discuss with a few feet of distance.
- Sanitation Service for All Vehicles – Twice during your visit, we will sanitize all high-touch areas of the driver’s console. Using disinfecting wipes, we will wipe down inner and outer door handles, indicator signal stalks, radio buttons, seat belt and the steering wheel.
- Masks When We’re in Your Car – Our team wears masks anytime we are in your vehicle.
- No Contact Pick-Up – When your car is ready, we will send you a secure text-to-pay link, sanitize your vehicle and leave the keys in an agreed-upon location. Simply hop into your vehicle and head home
What is autoTECH Blackhawk’s story?
Kacey Copeland and Catherine Norbeck (the Copebecks) bought autoTECH Blackhawk in 2018. Kacey has been in (and in love with) the automotive industry for 30 years. Catherine has been in love with Kacey (and, by extension, the automotive industry) for 12 years. At autoTECH Blackhawk, we believe that finding a great mechanic is really about finding a person you can trust. For us, it’s personal.
How did Kacey get into the automotive industry?
When I was eight years old, I would wake up Saturday mornings and beg my dad to go to work with him at our family service station. I’d bound up to cars on my rollerblades and wash the windshield, check the oil, fill the gas, and check the pressure in the tires. I painted curbs, mowed the lawn, and sold my first set of tires at age 11. I loved being there – greeting repeat customers, listening to the technicians laugh and watching my dad help customers understand their cars.
At 18, I got serious about my automotive career. I moved to Phoenix, got a degree in Automotive Repair, received Ford Factory training and worked at a Dodge and Hyundai dealership. I was determined to learn as much as I could. If I didn’t have a car in my bay to work on, I watched the most expert techs work. I learned chassis and steering and suspension work, exotic car repair and efficient ways to do repairs.
I moved back to Colorado and worked with my dad until 2012 when my wife and I moved to California. We began running autoTECH Blackhawk in 2018. We are AAA, ASE, BBB and Diamond certified.
Most days, I still feel like my 8-year-old self – eager to greet repeat customers, thrilled to hear the technicians laughing and working in the bays and honored to help customers understand their cars better.
Why do we believe finding a mechanic is really about finding a partner?
Almost 20 years ago, just before Catherine started driving, her dad (Carl) began his search for a local automotive repair shop he could trust. He needed to find a shop with integrity where Catherine could take her car and get thorough, quality repair. Here was his test: he visited 7 different shops, left a seemingly random amount of change in the passenger seat and asked for an oil change (knowing that the 1988 red Subaru also desperately needed the timing belt replaced). One shop stood out – Holiday Auto Care. Within four hours of dropping off the car, Carl received a call from Kacey, the shop foreman, to let him know that 1) the oil change was all done and 2) he needed to budget for a timing belt replacement soon so he didn’t have a problem. Later that day, Carl picked up his car and discovered an additional 8 cents in the passenger seat. Over the years, Carl built a great friendship with Mark, the owner, and his son Kacey. When Catherine was preparing to take a car cross-country to go to college, Carl set up an appointment with the shop foreman so Catherine could learn how to change a flat tire. Kacey came around the corner and she was smitten! Nearly 10 years later, Kacey and Catherine got married on the anniversary of their first date.
So, for Catherine, finding a ‘great mechanic’ really is about building a lifelong partnership. Their story defines how they think about the shop. At autoTECH Blackhawk, we know that integrity matters and trust comes first. We are a relationship shop. The more of your repair needs we help you with, the better able we are make sure your cars meet your needs. We know your cars are an essential part of your lives and we are honored to be your partner in making sure that your cars are safe, reliable and meeting your needs. Read more about Kacey and Catherine’s tiny house: Copebeck Tiny House.
A true service leader! We got a flat last Saturday morning right before heading out for the long weekend. The closest option was autoTech. We drove by but the shop marked open only M-F. But Kacey, I believe is the owner or main tech opened up the garage door for us. Even when it was determined unfixable he changed the spare on for us and secure the broken on in the trunk. The whole process was extremely quick and professional. Thank you Kacey!
Bin Z., Alameda, CA
Grateful to have found an auto service/repair shop where I am warmly greeted and my car and truck are well taken care of. I trust them!